Denver, CO; Washington, DC; Boston, MA; Baltimore, MD; or Philadelphia, PA
The Public Interest Network is hiring a passionate, dedicated, and detail-oriented candidate to join our Recruitment and Hiring Department in an administrative role. You’ll work to help us hire talented staff for our network of nonprofit and social change groups including Environment America, PIRG, Green Corps and more.
- Work with our Recruitment & Hiring Team and other senior leadership on daily, weekly and monthly projects;
- Be the point of first contact internally and externally for candidates and our staff during the application and interview process;
- Maintain and improve our recruitment systems;
- Manage department operations and report on key metrics;
- Additional responsibilities could include: creating email and social media content, managing ad posting, outreach to help identify top candidates, and;
- Other responsibilities as assigned. This position requires exercising independent judgment and discretion while overseeing significant projects.
Entry-level candidates with a passion for our issues, mission, and values and a strong desire to build a better world with their life are encouraged to apply. To be effective in this role, you need to be goal-driven, detail-oriented and highly organized, with the maturity to manage confidential and/or sensitive information.
A top candidate will have these qualities:
- Highly organized. Do you love your planner? Are lists your love language? You’ll need to manage your time effectively and balance priorities.
- Curious and results-oriented. Are you eager to ask “why” and then dig in to find the answer?
- Passionate. Have you always wanted to do good in the world? Are you driven by saving the environment? This is hard work, but you’ll wake up every morning knowing you’re working to solve some of our biggest problems with a team of people just as motivated to make a difference as you are.
- Eager to learn. Do you want to work with a non-profit as your career? This job will give you the chance to learn how our organization operates, and we have opportunities for advancement and additional training. This is a great job for entry-level candidates looking for where to start their career.
About The Public Interest Network
The Public Interest Network operates and supports more than a dozen organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change.
Our work focuses on the problems that arise from America’s single-minded pursuit of endless economic growth. We’re still burning fossil fuels, even though it’s changing the climate. We keep giving antibiotics to healthy livestock, even though it’s creating antibiotic-resistant “superbugs.” We use plastic products for just a few minutes only to throw them away, where they pollute the ocean for centuries. Our campaigns challenge decision-makers, as well as all of us, to stop tolerating problems that are increasingly absurd in an age of advancing technology and growing abundance.
We take a principled, but pragmatic approach to creating change. We build organizations and run campaigns that connect big ideas to concrete policy changes that improve the quality of our environment and our lives. Over the past 45 years, we’ve won policies at the local, state, and national level that mean more wildlife and public lands are protected, we’re getting more energy from the sun and wind, and people are exposed to fewer dangerous and toxic products.
We’re transpartisan—we reach out to everybody who might agree with us and consider joining us, including liberals, conservatives and everyone in between. We value dialogue over polarization, and our campaigns prioritize making a difference over just making a statement. If you’re looking for work that’s a calling, not just a job, we hope you’ll apply.
Compensation & Benefits
The starting compensation range for this position for entry-level candidates is $30,000-$36,000 and depends on location. We offer an excellent benefits package. Our benefits package may include medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, needs-based student loan assistance, 401(k) plan with employer match, commuter benefit program, paid time off, parental leave and long-term disability insurance. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
This position will be employed by Work for Progress, which is a part of The Public Interest Network. Work for Progress recruits qualified candidates for the organizations within The Public Interest Network.
This position could be based in Boston, MA; Baltimore, MD; Washington, DC; Philadelphia, PA; or Denver, CO. Other locations will be considered for top candidates.
Our Mission and Values
Work for Progress is a part of The Public Interest Network, which operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply: https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values/. Within the first document you will find a link to a second; please read both carefully.
Why work with The Public Interest Network? Check out 10 reasons: https://publicinterestnetwork.org/why-work-with-us/
Work for Progress is an equal opportunity employer.
COVID-19: We take COVID-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our COVID safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boostered. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.