The Public Interest Network is hiring a social media organizer who is ready to protect the environment and restore our democracy by building power on social media networks. You’ll work with organizations like Environment America, U.S. PIRG and Environmental Action to craft content and make connections that will help fight global warming, get big money out of politics, and protect our public lands and wildlife.
We’re looking for people who have strong organizational skills, want to work hard, and who won’t be satisfied until they win.
- Run powerful digital campaigns on social media to help solve global warming, expand solar energy, fight the overuse of antibiotics on factory farms, defend public lands, and restore our democracy.
- Design and manage advertising campaigns increase the visibility of our campaigns, and provide support to other teams in the Network who want to run ads.
- Design and curate content for social media, and engage with our national community.
- Train and provide support for advocates and organizers on social media strategy and content.
- Develop partnerships and creative online tactics to build our audience and raise money.
- Analyze the results of your work, and report on successes and failures.
- Keep your projects on track, hold people accountable to their deliverables, and communicate regularly with your team.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Want to make the world better
- Have an opinion about what works online and can point to examples to back it up.
- Can write persuasively and boil complex issues down to a single sentence.
- Are familiar with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, and are excited to learn new tools.
- Sweat the details.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation range for this position is $33,000-$35,000 and depends on relevant experience, education, and location. The Public Interest Network offers an excellent benefits package. Our benefits package may include medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, needs-based student loan assistance, 401(k) plan with employer match, commuter benefit program, paid time off, parental leave and long-term disability insurance. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Things To Know When You Apply
The Public Interest Network operates and supports organizations committed to a shared vision of a better world and a strategic approach to social change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer.